|Services & Location||Calendar||Rector||Groups||Ministries||Church School & Youth||Newsletter||History||Cemetery||Photos||Links|
1871, a service was held in the
small house of Charles Morley, just north of the future settlement of Huntsville by a
missionary from England, to a congregation of seven people.
In 1876, the first settler of Huntsville, William Cann gave a piece of land by the river to the parish and the shell of a church hall was erected
In 1894, Huntsvilles "Great Town Fire"destroyed the wooden Hall shown above and spurred the parish to finish the stone church.
In 1895 - June 5th, the first service was held in the new church. Architect, Robert Mitchell Ogilvie of Toronto. "All Saints Anglican Church (1894-95), a English Gothic work executed in local fieldstone." Architects in Canada.
In 1903, before his death the Rev. Llwyd persuaded the parish to build a stone Parish Hall
In 1906, the Parish Hall became the centre of social life in Huntsville, with the first slide shows, travelling shows, a Toronto Opera company and ultimately movies.
In 1925-26, the sanctuary and chancel was enlarged, and the church stable behind the rectory was torn down.
In 1964 , under the guidance of Canon George Sutherland, the chapel was built and an addition to the organ loft , so the new pipe organ could be installed.
In 1989, All Saintsí Church Parish Hall, erected 1905, was named Sutherland Hall on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of his ordination in honour of the Rev. Canon George Sutherland and his wife Jean for their devoted service to the church, and to our parish family and the Huntsville Community for over a span of 35 years.
Incumbents of the Parish of All Saints', Huntsville
The Rev. Thomas Llwyd 1883-1903